Kiriaini Mission Hospital is owned and managed by the Catholic Diocese of Murang’a. It was started by the Consolata sisters in 1955 as a small dispensary then developed to a maternity wing and later to a general hospital with a capacity of 72 beds. Since inception, the Hospital has grown over the years and currently has an official Government approved bed capacity of 72 distributed in the following wards; Gynecology and maternity, pediatric, Medical wards and surgical rooms and private/amenity ward. It is situated in Mathioya sub-County, Murang’a County.
The Hospital today 2nd January launched a computerized tomography (CT) scan machine at the hospital. The occasion was graced by the Murang’a Catholic Diocese Bishop His Grace James Maria Wainaina. Before acquiring the CT Scan machine, patients would be ferried with an ambulance from the hospital to Consolata Mathari Mission Hospital- a distance of 33.3km. With the new acquisition, patient bills are expected to reduce.